Debunking PEMF Myths and What You Should Know
The research on PEMF therapy is exciting! As with any holistic approach, you will come across some PEMF myths.
If you are new to PEMF therapy, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with information.
The purpose of this article to share some of the most common PEMF myths and the reasons why the information is untrue.
Once you read about the most common myths, you’ll have a better understanding of what PEMF therapy is, and why it’s so effective.
It’s really easy to see how the information on PEMF therapy can be confusing if you are new to this subject matter.
- Earth-based frequencies are best.
- MYTH: While this is somewhat true, it can easily confuse those who are starting to research PEMF therapy. It is true that PEMF devices replicate the earth’s electromagnetic fields. Low intensity PEMF therapy is similar to the the frequencies found in the Earth naturally. Scientific research has shown that many conditions respond to frequencies above that of the Earth’s magnetic fields. Earth based frequencies are best for regular, in home use.
- Only wound coils can create a pure magnetic field.
- MYTH: PEMF devices contain copper coils. It is true that pure copper coils can produce a pure magnetic field. However, the shape of those coils does not affect the results. Each manufacturer may construct their PEMF products differently. The shape of the coil isn’t as important as the copper it is made of.
- High intensities are not good for the human body.
- MYTH: While intensities are important subject matter, it is not true that high intensities are dangerous for the human body. Low intensity PEMF devices are commonly used in the home. Medium and high intensity PEMF Therapy is safe for most to use. It is found most often in clinics or healthcare centers. High intensity PEMF therapy should always be used under the direct care and supervision of a healthcare professional.
- Biofeedback is essential for good results with PEMF therapy.
- MYTH: There are some PEMF devices that include biofeedback. It is not necessary to have this component on your PEMF device. Many users find it best to use a device that offers customer settings. Because every person responds differently to PEMF Therapy, a device that allows the user to select the settings is most beneficial.
- You only need to use your PEMF device for 8 minutes twice per day.
- MYTH: The protocol that you use will be dependent upon the product you purchase and the settings that you are using. Those who suffer from rheumatic diseases or neurological diseases may need to use their devices anywhere from 20-30 minutes per day or longer.
There are many more myths that you’ll come across, but these five appear to come up frequently.
The reason that you desire to try PEMF therapy will help you determine the right protocol just for you.
PEMF Myths and the Right Device for You
Now that you are aware of the most common “PEMF myths” today, you’ll also discover that it’s challenging to determine which device is right for you.
Keep in mind as you conduct your own research that the use of a PEMF mat, can aid in healing and cell renewal for the entire body simultaneously.
Those who seek more localized therapy for shoulders, knees, elbows and hands may benefit from a PEMF therapy ring.
Everyone is unique, and therefore will need to choose their own PEMF device according to their health needs. As you surf the internet to research and compare PEMF devices, keep in mind that many of them have a lot of bells and whistles.
All that you need is a high-quality PEMF device that you can use twice daily for your specific needs.
If you are new to PEMF therapy, write down some of the PEMF myths that you come across and share them with us, and we’ll do our absolute best to answer your questions.