Natural Treatment for Epilepsy-How PEMF Therapy Could Help
Natural treatment for epilepsy has often been judged harshly by those who know very little about it, but alternative therapies for common diseases and conditions are changing the way we look at medicine.
This isn’t to say that there is no use or validity for conventional medicine because there certainly are good reasons to use it.
However, there are many conventional treatments that appear to be invasive and come with numerous side effects.
A large population of those being treated for epilepsy are being treated with the use of medications known as anti-convulsant.
Doctors generally choose a medication based on two main factors.
These factors include the individual’s age as well as the severity of the seizures when they occur.
A family doctor will know their medical history best, and that will also play an important role in what medication is chosen.
Everyone agrees that the most accurate treatment will come with an accurate diagnosis.
Doctors also prescribe these drugs with caution to ensure that the patient is getting more of what they need with as few side effects as possible, and doctors generally lean to the brand name drugs over the generic.
While generics are acceptable in many cases, there are some cases in which a doctor will see it more as a risk to prescribe a generic.
With the numerous known side effects that many medications have, it is worth considering how a natural treatment may for epilepsy fits into your life.
Could it be that PEMF therapy is a good option for you?
The purpose of this article is share some basic information with you about epilepsy, as well as the most common types of seizures, the most commonly prescribed medications, and how PEMF therapy could reduce the number of seizures.
It is also possible that the severity of seizures could be diminished as well.
Please read this article all the way through to the end, so you can learn more about this groundbreaking therapy, and how it has been helping thousands see the effectiveness of pulsed electromagnetic field therapy.
Is Natural Treatment for Epilepsy Right for You?
There are numerous factors to consider when choosing a conventional medical treatment or a more natural treatment as well.
Your health is real wealth, but it’s often difficult to figure out which treatment is right for you if you have no experience with holistic medicine.
The options can be overwhelming, especially if you have been doing your research online.
Technology has advanced quite a bit, and with more options it can be confusing to now what to try and why you should try it.
Here is what the medical community has published regarding seizures, and what you may know to be true for you.
The most common and generalized types of seizures include:
- Absence seizures. These are often referred to in the medical community as “petit mal seizures”, and are often noted as “staring out into space”. This is where the “absence” of an individual become obvious. This has been documented as “abnormal activity occurring in the brain”. These also occur in children, and children generally respond well to conventional treatment. It could be their ability to bounce back quickly, or rather that they are so resilient, but these are often very brief moments of the child or adult being unaware.
- Tonic-clonic seizures. These are often referred to as “grand mal seizures”, but the term tonic-clonic is now more widely used. These types of seizures are what most individuals think about when they hear that someone has had a seizure. These seizures often include stiffness, and the individual may become unconscious and fall to the ground or floor. The heart rate may increase which causes rapid breathing, and this is what causes the lack of consciousness. This tonic state is followed by the clonic phase, which brings the rapid movements and jerky motion that you often see with these spells. The muscles become rigid and the activity during a seizure like this causes fatigue in the individual. The timeframe for this seizure is usually 1 to 3 minutes but may feel like an eternity for these individuals once they regain consciousness. There are incidents in which these seizures may last anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes or longer, and that is when medical attention should be sought.
- Atonic seizures. These seizures are also very brief, and they are unusual in that they can cause someone to just drop to the ground or floor. Doctors have long believed that this happens as the result of some abnormal activity in the brain. Muscles are also noted as becoming very weak, thus causing the “drop attack” to occur.
- Clonic seizures. The clonic seizures are rarest and they cannot be slowed down by an attempt to restrain the arms or legs. These seizures are characterized by a repeated jerking motion, and they appear harsh at times, and the muscles may become stiff. These may occur at any age, including newborn babies.
- Tonic seizures. These seizures are a bit different in that they often occur while an individual is sleeping. This seizure is also different in terms of the characteristics of how the body looks, meaning that muscle tone appears to be more pronounced, whereas in most other seizures the muscles are quite rigid.
- Myoclonic seizures. These seizures are characterized by jerky movements and the individual does not lose consciousness. This is beneficial in that they are awake and aware of what is going on and can tell you how they feel.
Doctors often use an EEG to monitor brain activity and get a good idea of what is happening in the brain before a diagnosis is made. The causes of seizures is believed to be caused by sudden electrical activity in the brain.
Could it be that using natural treatment for epilepsy through good supplementation or pulsed electromagnetic fields may correct these sudden electrical occurrences?
How Natural Treatment for Epilepsy Could Enhance Your Current Treatment Plan
There are numerous prescription medications that can be used to treat epilepsy, including the most commonly prescribed which are listed below:
- Carbamazepine (Tegretol or Carbatrol).
- Diazepam (Valium).
- Eslicarbazepine (Aptiom).
- Ethosuximide (Zarontin).
- Felbamate (Felbatol).
- Gabepentin (Neurontin).
These drugs have proven to be effective treatment for many, although they may not cure the patient with epilepsy.
Likewise, PEMF therapy is not a cure for epilepsy but it certainly can also be a wonderful complementary therapy to your current treatment plan.
We make no claims that this therapy can cure you, but studies have shown that patients with epilepsy that are using PEMF therapy are seeing improvements with their condition.
This includes fewer seizures as well as seizures that are less harsh.
Many of the side effects of these types of medications often make it challenging to function due to causing fatigue or the feeling of sleepiness, and in some cases they may cause dizziness temporarily.
PEMF therapy has only been known to cause dizziness in some cases, although still rare.
It could be worth trying a more natural treatment for epilepsy, but you will want to discuss this with your doctor first before you try it.
Here is what research has shown thus far regarding how PEMF therapy can impact the symptoms that reduce seizures.
The approach used is referred to as transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) in order to reduce seizures.
This causes ATP to be produce more organically in that the stimulation awakens the brain cells.
ATP or adenosine triphosphate is what produces energy in cells.
This actually causes energy to move through the cells, thus it produces a similar activity like what occurs when a battery is being recharged.
This couldn’t be more natural than causing stimulation for your brain cells.
Published studies show that using the PEMF in low frequency may inhibit seizures.
A study was done on mice that were injected with something that always causes seizures to occur in mice, yet with a low frequency pulsed electromagnetic field seizures did not occur at all.
While the frequency is low, the time it is being used should be more long-term than the most basic protocol for common conditions like arthritis, fibromyalgia and even stress reduction.
There is plenty of information now online and in numerous studies to support that PEMF therapy can be effective.
It is up to you to research, talk with your doctor about your medical history and this therapy to find out if it is right for you.
If you would like to learn more about how you access this amazing therapy at the most affordable investment for you and your family, please be sure to visit www.pemfsupply.com.